The term of office is four years, taking effect as soon as a successful applicant is appointed.
The new Co-ordinator is appointed by the Chairman of the Trustees’ Correctional Facilities Committee, in consultation with the General Service Board.
The responsibilities of the Co-ordinator are:
- To actively encourage and promote the growth of Correctional Facilities activities throughout Australia.
- To act as a positive communication link, through reporting, writing, email, the Service website, displays and the National T&CF Forum, between all parts of the Fellowship with an interest in relevant Service work;
- Be in regular contact with the Chairperson of the Trustees’ Correctional Facilities Committee in order to be apprised of Service opportunities;
- Liaise with the Board and General Service Office in seeking or conveying requested Forum-related information, and in implementing national scale projects;
- Send short Reports on main activities and Forum progress (dot points) to the February & July Board meetings via the General Service Office with cc to the Chair of the relevant Trustees’ Committee, and report fully to the Board and annual GS Conference in November.
- Publish and distribute a regular newsletter sharing information on AA activities in Correctional Facilities.
- Actively encourage Areas to have Forum hosting bids in for Conference approval two years ahead, to ensure continuity and certainty for maximum benefit to the Fellowship;
- Be a functioning ex officio member of the relevant National Forum Host Planning Committee (HPC): co-ordinate, attend where feasible, receive all minutes, keep in active touch with the HPC and report to the Board;
- Ensure that the Forum is relevant and attractive to the Fellowship in its content and activities;
- See that the Forum as a whole is recorded for posterity;
- Attend the Forum and deliver a report to the Service Fellowship on the past two years’ activities in Correctional Facilities, including both successes and shortcomings as seen by the officebearer;
- Act on and follow up any requests of the Forum;
- Ensure that the Forum Program includes a slot for a short explanation and questions on the role of the Co-ordinator; ensure nomination forms for the next Co-ordinator position are available and participants are aware of the this and the deadline of the end of the Forum; convey completed forms to National Office as soon as possible after the Forum.
If you are interested in this position please ask for a nomination form from firstname.lastname@example.org