To join the meeting:
You will need a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Find a Zoom meeting close to you and on the day/time you need on the AA website ‘Find Meetings’ page.
- Click on the green ‘Join Zoom Meeting’ button shown .
- You may be instructed to download the zoom application. Follow the instructions.
- You may have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on ”Test your Audio”
- Click on either the “Join with Video” or “Join without Video” button.
- You are now in the meeting! As with all AA meetings, please wait for the chairperson to indicate it’s your turn to share. (You may want to mute your microphone when you are not sharing.)
If the meeting is listed as a Zoom meeting and there is no green button shown, it means that the meeting has not been setup to link to Zoom yet. Please be patient – our volunteers are working to get things set up as quickly as we can. If you can help out by giving us the correct Zoom ID, please contact the General Service Office via the Member Enquiry Form.
Joining via phone:
If you prefer to join the meeting by phone, you can dial in with one of these numbers –
Enter the meeting ID number (shown underneath the button on this website) when prompted followed by the #key.
Password (if there is one):
If the meeting has a password, you’ll be prompted to enter the meeting password.
If the password is not numeric, you will not be able to access the meeting via a phone.
Note: This is a restriction introduced by Zoom in October 2020. Prior to this, it was possible to enter non-numeric passwords using a phone keypad.